Into my brain

I've pondered life, time and time again and it never stops surprising me. Just when you think you know what's going to happen... BAM... a complete one-eighty happens and you back in a different place from where you want to be. I've figured out that when I try and control my life it glances back at me saying, "Na na na na na, you can't catch me." Life isn't about controlling it, it's about living it; rolling with the punches, exploring new frontiers, and being curious. Now I'm not saying that one should go out and try everything. Some things should be left to the unknown. We should stop trying to control our life because it's no fun and frankly it's way too complicated. Just know God knows what's going to happen. He's got His agenda and it never falters. Just think about that next time you try and tell Him what's best for you.

Friday, October 3, 2008

What a weekend with Mom makes me realize

So Mom has only been here for about a day and it's been the greatest. Having her here has made me realize how much I missed out on during my year and two months of self imposed exile from her and my family. This time last year, Mom and I probably would've pulled eachother's hair out and broken things because we didn't get along. I take responsibility for that tension, because I realize now that she was right about John. She's always right. John was trouble and because of my lust and stupidity for him I allowed a rif between my family and me to grow. I allowed a boy who broke my heart repeatedly, who caused me a lot of pain, struggles and heartache to come between me and the most important people in my life.

These past few months without that riff have been amazing! I've gone back to my family, I finally feel like I'm back to being me. I'm the real "me" not some mindless drone that bends to the demands of a stupid boy. Part of me wishes I could go back to the night I lost my mind and tell me to not got there and save myself all the pain that has occurred since then. But I'm not one to regret. I think going through all of that has not only helped my testimony but it also has made me appreciate my family.

2 comments:

Randee Mayes said...

I'm jealous that mom's down there. Some of my fav college memories were of mom's visits. I hope you have an awesome time!! Go to the Pastry Pub for me, that's what mom and I always made sure to do. Oh, PS, we like having the REAL you back too. Can't wait until I can come visit!!!!

Amanda said...

I love having the 'real' you back too! You've been missed!! I know what it's like to get lost in a really bad relationship! At least you didn't marry him!!!
Have fun with Mom!